Looking for a recipe for gluten-free scones? Look no further. This recipe has all the things you’ll love like lemon and lavender plus they are gluten-free. Top them off with lemon curd and whipped cream and you have all the makings for a little slice of heaven.
I came up with this recipe after doing some online research looking for ideas to create a lavender tea party for two for my mom and me for Mother’s Day. I combined ideas I found in recipes online and created a small batch gluten-free version. The results turned out perfect. My mom and I both decided that these were the best scones we ever had.
How to make gluten-free lemon lavender scones
- First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Then combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl which include: 1 cup of gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Redmill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour), 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4th teaspoon sea salt and a teaspoon of organic dried lavender buds.
- Next, cream 1/4 cup of butter in a bowl, blending in sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest and 1/3 cup of milk (I use goat milk).
- Combine the blended wet and dry ingredients together and form it into a ball.
- Flatten the dough ball onto a floured surface and roll it out to be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out the gluten-free scones with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. You can see here that I cut out five scones. I combined the scrapes together and rolled out enough to make one more and ended up with six.
- Place the cut out scones on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush a little milk on top of each scone and then sprinkle with a little bit of sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
- Combine 1/4 cup confectionary sugar with 1 Tablespoon melted butter and 2 teaspoons of milk and drizzle back and forth over the warm gluten-free scones.
- Sprinkle lavender buds on top of the drizzle.
You can get a printable recipe for these gluten-free scones from my Resource Library. Learn how at the bottom of this post.
Finally, top your gluten-free lemon lavender scones with lemon curd and whipped cream (I just whip up heavy cream and add a little sugar to sweeten it just a tad bit).
This gluten-free scone recipe is perfect for tea parties. I created the recipe to be a small batch but you can double, triple or quadruple it depending on how many scones you want to make.
Check out my post about how to Plan a Lavender Tea Party for Someone You Love to get ideas for creating your own tea party for two to celebrate someone special in your life.
Wishing you Joy in your journey,
If you enjoyed this post, pin it to your favorite Pinterest board to reference later. And please share with your friends. Sharing is caring!
Grab Your Printable Here
Subscribe to receive a printable copy of my Gluten Free "Lemon Lavender Scones." You'll also receive access to my password protected RESOURCE LIBRARY full of tools to help you in your natural health journey.