Forget everything you’ve heard about salt being bad for you. That is a misunderstanding.
Salt is one of the most essential elements you need for your health and wellbeing.
What is bad for you is the salt we are accustomed to, which is white table salt. Unfortunately, this is in everything. Another reason to ditch processed foods and eat a natural whole food diet.
White table salt, sodium chloride is refined and processed largely for the purpose of industry. In fact, 97% of salt production goes to industry. It only contains 2 elements (sodium and chloride) but also contains chemical anti-caking agents.
However, there is a salt that is absolutely good for you and that is Himalayan Pink Salt. It not only offers many nutritional benefits but it can be useful for detox, improving skin conditions, and it can be used to make many DIY beauty and self-care products.
Why Himalayan Pink Salt is so Special
- It is the most natural, unadulterated, mineral-rich, source of salt.
- It comes from a region in the Himalayan Mountains where it was covered by lava and ice for thousands of years and thus protected from being contaminated by pollutants.
- It contains 84 trace minerals that our body needs in the combination and ratio that is naturally in our body and our blood.
- It creates energy in the body. When viewed under a microscope it clearly shows energy patterns and life force. Not so with refined, processed, white table salt.
The Health Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt
- Improves hydration (many health problems are a result of dehydration)
- Balances electrolytes
- Balances hormones
- Regulates blood pressure
- Balances blood sugar
- Improves sleep
- Improves metabolism
- Boosts bone strength
- Improves vascular health
- Balances pH
- Supports the nervous system
- Increases circulation
- Reduces muscle cramping
- Helps alleviate allergies and asthma
- It’s a natural antihistamine
- Decreases inflammation
- Decreases congestion
- Detoxifies your body
- Supports thyroid function
- Improves mental health and brain health
- Helps intestines absorb nutrients
- Purifies the air we breathe
- It’s anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- Can help reduce anxiety
- Supports weight loss
- Improves energy
- Supports adrenal function
- Promotes a healthy libido
- Supports kidney and gallbladder health
- Improves lung function
- Improves skin conditions
Practical Uses for Himalayan Pink Salt to Improve Your Health and Wellbeing
- Get rid of all your white table salt and replace it with Himalayan Pink Salt.
- Sprinkle it on all of your food. The more complex flavor will quickly become addicting.
- Use it in all your recipes instead of white table salt.
- Make a sole (pronounced Sol-ey) and put a teaspoon of it in a glass of water and drink it when you wake up every day to balance your electrolytes and give your body all the essential minerals it needs for the day. This can be a natural, healthier alternative to sports drinks. Grab the recipe from my Resource Library.
- Get a Himalayan Pink Salt Lamp for your bedroom to start with and eventually add one to every room. It will purify the air you breathe and remove dust, pollen, smoke and other contaminates. It can also neutralize EM (electromagnetic) radiation which is a growing threat to our health and sleep. Also, the soft light can relieve symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Use a Himalayan Salt Detoxer for detoxification. You can place your hands or feet on them to let negative ions flow into your body. It can help with reducing inflammation. This can also be used as an air purifier.
- Use Himalayan pink salt in your bath for a relaxing, detoxifying respite from a hard day. Grab a recipe for this and other DIY personal care products using Himalayan Pink Salt in my Resource Library.
- Use a salt inhaler or neti pot with Himalayan pink salt to reduce allergies, hayfever and asthma symptoms as well as recover from colds, and congestion.
- Try visiting a salt room or salt cave for an extra therapeutic treat.
Make sure you grab a copy of my Himalayan Pink Salt Recipes
Includes Recipes for Sole, Gentle Detox Bath, Salt Scrub, Body Spray and Facial Toner.
You May Also Like:
- How to Restore Your Health With Healing Foods
- How to Start Listening to Your Body to Restore Your Health
- 15 Stress Management Activities to Help You Unwind
Learn More About Improving Your Health with Himalayan Pink Salt from these sources
- Water and Salt: The Essence of Life: The Healing Power of Nature co-authored by Barbara Hendel, a holistic doctor in Germany who suffered from severe health problems growing up which became worse with conventional medication. After finally finding relief and healing through natural means, much of which came from what she says, “salt and the sea”, she pursued holistic medicine and delved into research about Himalayan Pink Salt.
- Pink Himalayan Salt Benefits that Make it Superior to Table Salt, by Dr. Axe
- Dr. Mercola shares a good lesson here about salt.
What about you? Can you identify any physical and mental health issues that Himalayan pink salt can help you with? Swap out your salt today and start enjoying all of these benefits for your health and wellbeing. Which ideas are you going to try? Do you have any other ideas? Please share in the comments.
Wishing you Joy in your natural health journey,
If you benefited from this post, please pin it to your favorite Pinterest board to reference later. And share with your friends. Sharing is caring!
Grab Your FREE Recipes Here
Subscribe to receive a printable copy of my "Himalayan Pink Salt Recipes" which includes Sole, Gentle Detox Bath, Salt Scrub, Body Spray and Facial Toner. You'll also receive access to my password protected RESOURCE LIBRARY full of tools to help you in your natural health journey.